SECTION 1: WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE
When you browse our website, we automatically receive your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
A valid date of birth must be provided by a user when entering the site for the first time. This information is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations with respect to the sale of alcohol to minors.
When you contact us or purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, surname, address and email address, contact number, billing address and shipping address.
SECTION 2 – ON WHAT BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Necessary Processing: We process your personal data as necessary in order to provide you with our services as you may require, such as personal information which you provide us to make an enquiry or forward a query, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase.
- With your consent: We will only process your personal information for any other purpose, including direct marketing, when you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for such other purpose. You have various rights where we are processing your information on the basis of your consent. For example, if you no longer wish to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our promotional emails. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you and/or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us as provided for under the Section 14 – Contact Information.
- For legitimate business purposes: There may be instances where we are compelled to process your personal information in order to safeguard our legitimate business interests. For example, we may need to process your personal data if you violate our Terms of Service. Where we use your personal information for this purpose, rest assured that we will take measures to protect your personal information
- To comply with a legal obligation: There may be instances where we are legally obliged to process your personal information.
SECTION 3 – RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data may be disclosed to or exchanged with all Rausi employees and its subsidiaries, consultants, associates and agents. We do not share personal data with external companies, organisations and individuals unless one or more of the following circumstances apply:
With your consent – We may transfer personal data to external companies, organisations or individuals and with your consent.
For legal reasons – We may share personal data with external companies, organisations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the data is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud;
- safeguard the rights, property or safety of our company, our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
We may share non-personally identifiable data publicly. For example, to show trends about the general use of our services.
SECTION 4 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern. You should always suspect when you are being asked for your account information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. We will never request your personal information or your credit card information in a non-secure or unsolicited communication (e-mail, phone or otherwise),
SECTION 5 – COOKIES
Our website also uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies are created for each session when you visit our website. None of the information collected by means of cookies is associated with you as an individual. We do not use the cookie technology to capture individual e-mail addresses or any personally identifying information about you.
In fact, very little information is automatically gathered and logged.
This information may include:
- Metrics provided by Google Analytics which track user traffic on the website. For more information please visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- Items which have been placed in your cart;
- Age verification remembrance;
Should you wish to reject all or certain cookies used by our website, you may modify your web browser preferences to do so. If however you reject all cookies then you might be unable to use some of the services available on our website. Moreover, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to choose whether or not you wish to accept it. Usually, the information on how to change your options regarding cookies can be obtained by referring to your operating systems manual or to the ‘Help’ section of your web browser, or by contacting your Internet Service Provider.
SECTION 6 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 7 – SENSITIVE DATA
We do not request or require special categories of information concerning religion, health, sexual orientation, trade union membership, or political affiliation and ask you to refrain from providing any such personal data in your communication with us.
SECTION 8 – TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
We may transfer your personal information outside the European Union. The countries to which your personal information is transferred may not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to that guaranteed within the European Union. Where appropriate, we will take steps to ensure your information is transferred subject to appropriate safeguards, such as by entering into data transfer agreements. Where we have put data transfer agreements or similar safeguards in place, we may be able to make a copy of this available to you if you contact us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
SECTION 9 – DATA RETENTION
We have a data retention policy that sets out how long we keep your information. This policy is based on the type of information, the purpose of collection, and the system within our digital platforms in which the information is held.
Records containing personal data are kept for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase, saving for exceptional cases relating to legal claims which may require an extension of such period.
Records relating to financial transactions are kept for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase.
SECTION 10 – YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent when your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal of your consent.
- Ask us about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
- to request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
- to request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services; and
- to complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like access to the information that we hold about you, if any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data or to restrict or object to us processing it, please let us know by getting in touch via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
If you object to our processing of your personal information, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection may mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above.
We may be required or entitled to retain your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and legitimate interests.
In addition to those rights outlined above you also have an unconditional right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 12 – DATA CONTROLLER
- Rausi Trading Limited (C16668) is the Controller of your personal information.
SECTION 13 – CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information you may contact us at [email protected] or by mail at S.Rausi Trading Limited, Stadium Street, Gzira GZR1301, Malta.
Last Updated: 7th December 2018